Igloo Highland is committed to protecting your privacy and we take our responsibilities under GDPR seriously. The following policy applies when visiting our website, or making a booking through igloo.scot or using our owner services. In this privacy notice, 'Igloo Highland' will refer to all services as detailed on our website.
Who are we
What personal data and information do we hold?
The data we hold can be divided in 3 categories:
1.1 Information you give us
- Names, age, addresses, personal contact details (email, phone number)
- Payment information (such as credit card details)
- Our correspondence and communications with you
- Information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us
- Information from research, surveys, and marketing activities
1.2 Information we automatically collect from your use of Igloo.scot
When you use Igloo.scot, we automatically collect your IP Address and data through Google Analytics. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the website and our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve our services.
1.3 Information from third parties.
Our properties can be listed on other sites or channels and if booking is made via third party site, it will be necessary for these channels to pass details to us about your booking. This will be inline with their own policies and information sent to us will be broadly similar to what is needed if booking made on igloo.scot.
Why do we collect and store your data?
We collect, store, and process information, including personal information, about you to provide, support, understand, improve, and develop Igloo Highland services, create and maintain a trusted and safe environment and comply with our legal obligations.
- To reply to any of your enquiries and notify you of any changes to our service.
- To provide you with the information, products and services requested from us or in the event that we feel will be of interest to you
- To understand your needs and how they may be met
- To provide you with professional services and fulfil our contractual obligations with you or our client where you may be a guest, owner, employee and third party (including booking channels an property managers)
- To manage our relationship with you
- To verify identification where required
- To communicate with you by post, email or phone
- To maintain client and administration records
- To process financial transactions and applications
- To prevent and detect crime, fraud or corruption
- To meet legal, regulatory and ethical responsibilities
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, use and store, is appropriate, is not excessive, is accurate and up to date, is not retained for longer than required and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
We may process your personal data for marketing (if you have opted in), business development, statistical and management purposes.
Who might we share your information with?
Internally: We may share data within Igloo Highland Ltd where required for administrative purposes and for the provision of the professional service you have requested from us.
Hosts and Property Managers: We might share data with hosts and managers to allow our guests to arrange access to our homes. Data shared will be:
- Full Name
- Names of the guests travelling with you
- Phone Number
Channel Managers: Igloo Highland may list third parties properties. If you book on our website a property from another Holiday Let provider, they will automatically receive your data. This is crucial for what we do, in order to complete your reservation.
Other organisations and individuals: If required by law, under any code of practice we are bound by or where we are asked to by a public or regulatory authority, such as Police or HMRC.
How long do we keep your personal data?
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the services provided;
- any statutory or legal obligations;
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
- the types of personal data we have collected;
- the amount and categories of your personal data; and
- whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
The software we use allows us to maintain your information on our operational practice management systems and customer relationship systems before and during the period when you are a client. This information will also be maintained for the required legal and statutory periods even when you cease to be a client of Igloo Highland.
Your rights as a Data Subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
Right of Access: You have the right to request access to the personal data held by us as a Data Controller. You do this by contacting us by email or phone
Right of Rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any personal data we hold where it is inaccurate or incomplete
Right to be forgotten: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete and erase the personal data we hold about you, such as:
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purpose for which it was obtained
- We are using that information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent
- You have objected to our use of your personal information
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations
Right to restrict processing: You have the right to restrict us processing your personal data where certain conditions apply, such as:
- Where you question the accuracy of your personal data we are processing
- Where we no longer need the personal data but you do not wish us to delete it need us to keep it for potential future reference
Right to data portability: You have the right to ask us to transfer the data we hold electronically about you in to another organisation
Right to object: You have the right to object to certain types of processing of personal data, such as direct marketing
Rights related to automated decision making and profiling: If we use your personal information on an automated basis to make decisions which significantly affect you, you have the right to ask that the decision be reviewed by an individual to whom you may make representations and contest the decision. This right only applies where we use your information with your consent or as part of a contractual relationship with you.
You have the right to judicial review: in the event that Igloo Highland refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
You also have the right to complain
Access to your information, correction and Right to Erasure
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to have your personal data erased from our system. Exercising this right will remove your personal details and anonymise any data relevant to marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes.
Please note, we use booking software called Bookster. This company will retain a log entry only with your Name, Email Address and Date you requested a “Right To Erasure” in order for Bookster to be compliant with auditing requirements.
You may email us or phone if you would like to exercise your “Right to Erasure”. Please note that this can take up to a 30 days to be completed. Once your request has been received, an email will be sent to Bookster regarding your request. You will also receive confirmation of your “Right to Erasure” request once processed for your records.
If you have consented to receive marketing, we will keep in touch with relevant information about igloo, including offers, new properties and company news. you may opt out at any time by following the ‘unsubscribe’ button on our emails.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may collect information about your computer; this is statistical data concerning your browsing actions and does not identify you individually. This information includes your IP address where available, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report collective information to our advertisers.
Igloo Highland uses the following cookies and tracking codes:
- Bookster cookies used the normal operation of the website:
- Session used to track login
- tlBooking_Entry_Search_Condition_Availability, tlCore_CookieComplience, tlExitPage
- 3rd parties
- Google Analytics (x2) "_ga" & "_gid"
You can refuse to accept cookies but note that in doing this you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. You can do this by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting.
We will respond to enquiries within 30 days
This policy was last updated on 29th September 2020