There is nothing better than having a memorable meal while you are on holiday, and if you are going out in Aviemore, you are really spoiled for choice. Our handy guide of where to go in Aviemore will direct you to some of the finest restaurants, dog friendly cafes and the best takeaways. With some venues open for full breakfasts right through to last orders at the bar, restaurants in Aviemore have all cuisines covered.
Old Bridge Inn, Aviemore
Restaurants in Aviemore
- Balavoulin – a modern and beautifully presented restaurant with extremely good staff. Try the nachos, they are generous and very good. Great cocktails too.
- The Old Bridge Inn – A fantastic reputation for fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere. The menu changes regularly, these guys know their craft and do it well.
- La Taverna – a great place to head if your family is hungry with an all you can eat buffet, plus al a carte menu for a real taste of Italy.
- Smiffys – sit in for your fish and chips, the staff here are very experienced, the restaurant is immaculate throughout and the food is lovely.
- Pizzariach – a couple of sit in tables for pizza – try the Chicken Curry Pizza, it is amazing.
- The Cairngorm Hotel – An extensive menu of traditional meals for all appetites. The Cairngorm staff are attentive and portion sizes are hearty and generous. Perfect for going out in Aviemore as you can move through to the bar.
- Ben Macduies – Traditional Scottish and Pub grub, you will never leave this pace hungry. Try the sharing platters, they are seriously good.
- Tamanna – an Indian restaurant with a very good reputation. Nothing is too much to ask these guys and service is excellent. We love this place, the hotter the better.
- Happy Haggis – lovely family booths and a full menu including starters and puddings. They have a vegetarian menu which we like very much.
- Mambos – modern food and surroundings, Mambos serve up amazing burgers with everything a good burger should have. Other specialties include their pulled pork.
- The Skiing Doo – split over two floors, The skiing Doo have been feeding and watering weary ski bums for years. Traditional bar menu.
- Galaxy World Buffet – fantastic place to feed the family until you can eat no more – will happily cater for dietary requirements, just ask.
- The Winking Owl – Fantastic bar meals in the restaurant or dog friendly bar. Make a night of it with regular live music.
- The Highland Line – Full of nostalgia for a bygone age and top spec finishing’s make highland Line a memorable evening
Explorer Cafe, Aviemore
Cafes in Aviemore
- The Coffee Corner – Sells traditional breakfast, rolls and baked treats
- The Coffee Pot – Great little cafe for breakfasts and lunches. Freshly baked cakes too.
- The Explorer Cafe – This place even has a soft play for the kids, dogs also welcome.
- Costa Coffee – Spacious and well mannered staff
- Cheese and Tomatin – Selling fresh pizza and they have an amazing breakfast menu.
- The Deli – Freshly made Rolls, Sandwiches and Baked Potatoes.
- The Barn at Inverdruie – The best of the Rothiemurchus larder on your plate.
- The Pine Marten Bar – Watch the wildlife whilst enjoying this laid back cafe.
- Route 7 – The specials here are truly amazing!
- Cobbs cafe – Good place to grab some lunch and a good coffee
Smiffys in Aviemore
Takeaways in Aviemore
Aviemore has a selection of great takeaways to enjoy in the comfort of your own home.
Aviemore Pizza Takeaway
Aviemore Indian Takeaway
Aviemore Chinese Takeaway
Aviemore Chip Shops
- Ashers Bakery
- The Deli