PAT testing in a short term let

Is PAT testing a legal requirement in rented accommodation?

Yes, you need an annual PAT test for holiday lets and short term accommodation. 

New rules and legislation requires owners of short term lets to have an annual PAT test on electrical appliances in their property.  

In Scotland, it is now a condition of the Short Term Let Licence drafted in 2022, to have electrical appliances tested annually as part of the properties Electrical Safety. 

As part of our STL Compliance package, our fully qualified technicians can offer annual checks on your appliances. 

Do I need an Electrical Safety Certificate in my Short Term Let?

New rules and legislation for holiday lets requires anyone applying for a short term let licence to have an Electrical Safety Certificate. Also known as an EICR, the intention is that all properties who apply to become a short term let, meet the repairing standard. Igloo can instruct an EICR Electrical Safety Certificate with a trusted partner for our home owners.

Do I need an Energy Performance Certificate EPC for a holiday let in Scotland?

Owners of short term lets are now required to have an in date EPC for their property and it is also a legal requirement to display the rating on your website or any listing where you sell your holiday let. Certificates are current if they are less than ten years old. A new certificate would need to be renewed every ten years. Igloo can instruct an EPC energy Performance Certificate with a trusted partner for our home owners.

Get in touch to see how we can help